All 18 art Reviews

Meet the Artist 2017 Meet the Artist 2017

Reading the emotions of dogs must be some sort of super powah lol

Nia Nia

Dang dude, awesome colors and textures for the hair. Like the dispersion of the dark blue shadows.

Betty Page Value Study Betty Page Value Study

Super duper solid shading! Awesome lighting on the legs and hair textures.

Sabtastic responds:

Thanks so much! My favourite part that turned out nicely was her stomach area.

Psychicpebble (Zach) Psychicpebble (Zach)

What a charmer

deathink responds:

He is a sweet heart!

I Gotcha, Morty! I Gotcha, Morty!

Really nice textures in the picture, especially on the monster. Also like Morty's expression as he's being carried away. Actually, when I saw this pic in my news feed, I thought it was going to be a picture referencing Mega Gengar and Morty the Gym leader from pokemon Gold,Silver and Crystal (because of the title's name and monster's appearance) lol.

Skyla Skyla

Neat shading and lighting! Definitely looks gr8 on the hair, pokeball and legs.

bocodamondo responds:

i had no idea how to colore the pokeball, i was just messing around , hoping it would look allright at the end ^^

Change Change

Good shading there in the pic. Like the folds in Zaheer's robe and general stances of the characters. Some parts have a few odd proportions such as Zaheer's ears not having enough detail (had a more rounded and chewed up appearance) and the fire being a bit too blurry, but aside from that good pic :).

For me, I liked that the rebuilding of the air nation, it was neat seeing Korra and Asami with a more fleshed out friendship, Lin overcoming her issues with her sister Sue, and many of the intense action moments. The show definitely has great visual execution, both in action and emotion, especially seeing Korra immensely weakened from the poison (I'd guess it's mercury since it was made of metal).

My issue with book 3, is just that there really hasn't been that much change or development in the characters. They have moments where they do something incredible, but there doesn't seem to be any growth in them, like Korra still feel like she hasn't move on from being aggressive and showing more consistent restraint. She's still likable, but nothing much has happened with her character. I also kind of found the villains, while effective, lacking some depth because while their cause is interesting, their motivation isn't addressed very well for them. What caused them to go against world leaders, how does the rest of the red lotus function (the ones outside the main 4), what influenced Zaheer to be an enlightened airbender and how exactly he became so good at it. An episode with backstory, similar to the one with Tarlock and Amon, probably would have been helpful.

Maybe book 4 will give more context to all that, just wish it was all completed in this season since the creators stated that each book will generally be their own story. Ah well, maybe I'm being to harsh for the criticism. Enjoyed what was given and curious to see what book 4 will focus on.

bocodamondo responds:

yeah good point, we really didnt know why zaheer knew soo much about airbenders while he was still a non-bender. a flashback would have been nice , if only nick gave the creators more episodes to work with

Spacey Girl Spacey Girl

Neat! Actually, the drawing kind of reminds me of Rose from FMA and Deoxys for, some, reason... Guess it's the hair and the orange and blue colors lol.

Newgrounds Characters Newgrounds Characters

Nice use of shading!

moon moon

Nice shading. I'd say to improve, add some more textures and play with the lighting and shading there. craters and darker patches of land would work. The moon should also have a tiny hint of yellow or a lighter gray around it, depending on which side of the moon your drawing.